Thread: How Motherboards Work

How Motherboards Work

Hi all,

I am a computer fresher person. I have a good knowledge of computer software but little in computer hardware. I realize that CPU, Memory, graphics cards these three components will determine the machine's performance. I want to know that how computer motherboard works. Please help. Thanks in advance.

How Motherboards Work

Relative CPU Power supply circuit, power supply part of the memory on the motherboard is very easy to consumers ignored. Is precisely because of this, a small number of motherboards will be working this session severe shrinkage. Under normal circumstances, the memory is from the power supply circuit capacitance, inductance coil, FET composed of the majority. According to the memory slots number of different design combination of different programs. Now mainstream DDRMemory require two different voltage supply, respectively,2.5VThe core voltage and3.3VInput and output(I / O)Voltage. Theoretically speaking, memory, power supply also requires two parts. Check and reply.

How Motherboards Work

The mainstream CPU Power consumption is too high, so CPU Power supply circuit board using multi-phase power supply is to reduce the resistance and an effective way to heat a small number of the motherboard and even installed on the FET heat sink, but also to ensure CPU stable operation of power supply circuits. Although the three-phase or two-phase power is not completely determined by CPU. The quality of power supply circuit(For example, a lot of ASUS motherboards have adopted a two-phase power), But for most of the second and third line motherboard vendors, the three-phase two-phase power are far better than a lot of good. Check and reply.

How Motherboards Work

Relative CPU Power supply circuit, power supply part of the memory on the motherboard is very easy to consumers ignored. Is precisely because of this, a small number of motherboards will be working this session severe shrinkage. Under normal circumstances, the memory is from the power supply circuit capacitance, inductance coil, FET composed of the majority of these three. According to the memory slots number of different design combinations of different programs. Now mainstream DDRMemory require two different voltage supply, respectively,2.5VThe core voltage and3.3VInput and output(I / O)Voltage. If you want to more information, Please reply.

How Motherboards Work

Graphics cards are usually designed to supply some of the graphics slot above or below the. As AGP and PCI Cards exist in the market, two different designs also exist. And memory power supply design the same, there are also graphics board power supply and power supply of these two designs. The low-end motherboards generally use a direct power FET, direct omitted this element of the coil inductance. For the low-end AGP Graphics for such a design is still feasible. But for high-end AGP Graphics, especially those who do not have the high-end external power supply interface AGP Graphics for such a design there are great risks. Minority AGP Board in carrying high-end graphics cards can not be stabilized after the operation, even for the first time unable to enter the operating system boot, you must restart the time to enter into a system, a large extent AGP Card slot caused by insufficient power supply. Check and reply.

How Motherboards Work

The memory is not the power supply circuit and can not be used to provide power supply, in particular the use of two memory slots of the motherboard, this design is very common. Not only can effectively reduce costs, but also in the design is more simple and convenient, the product the chance of problems is not high. However, if such a circuit design applied to four memory slots on the motherboard, in the normal operation is likely to occur when the memory supply shortage. Even when installed did not find problems may also occur in the future a variety of stability problems. Best of luck.