Thread: Problem with Gigabyte P55m-ud2 I5-750

Problem with Gigabyte P55m-ud2 I5-750

I have just got a new system together and i am also suffering from the same issue which most of the user have suffered. I have "Gigabye P55m-ud2 I5-750" motherboard in my system. I have removed all the components which was on the board, in box there is only power supply and ram, when i turn it on, the system starts up for a few seconds and turns off and it continues as a loop. When i remove the ram it starts to give short continuous beeps. I bought a new ram from the market. After replacing it the same issue happening, i don't know what to do. Any suggestions or should i buy a new motherboard.

Re: Problem with Gigabyte P55m-ud2 I5-750

Hi,
    I think that its not a big issue, it is normal for the motherboard to beep if memory stick is missing or not pluged properly. But yes as you stated about the rebooting loop problem it is not normal. Your board is booting continuously and it isn't able to finish the POST. May be your video card must not be seated firmly? You can also try to boot your system by inserting a single memory stick. Most of the motherboards they don't like CPU fan not plugged properly, make sure that the CPU fan is plugged properly where it is marked on the motherboard.

I have seen many case related to yor problem. Most of the people they have problems because they insert the RAM stick in the wrong slot. After doing this they assume that it goes in the first slot. But in your case it seems like you have put in the right place. The second slot which is available from the CPU, i am having systam which runs on two sticks. You can be sure by checking out your heatsink fan which should be properly seated with the pegs that is visible through the backside of the motherboard. I think you should plug your video card in and see if the problem is solved.

You should be aware of that the "GA P55M-UD2" motherboard is very strict about RAM according to the reviews that i have noticed. By seeing at your problem that what you are trying to use and what is on UD2's memory list and I can't see your RAM modules which should be listed so that may be causing the problem. If you want than you can go on newegg and bring up the UD2 and see the review what it is saying, many of the users are using "G.Skill RipJaw" modules. And also they are listed on the UD2 Memory List which i have read it.

Have you done the RMA of your board or you are still waiting for the solution. I checkedout the manual of motherboard. As yousaid that you are facing the short beeping problem, it indicates that there would be a power error. You just unplug and reset both 8-pin and 24-pin power connector. After that connect your video card and see that if you are getting through the POST process. May be you can get into the BIOS. You can try with one stick of RAM in the DDR3_1 slot, if it doesn't work than try with the other stick in the same slot. If it still doesn't work than you can try with one stick in the DDR3_3 slot. Finally, try with different stick in same slot. This should help you out.

There is a way you can be relaxed from this problem. I think you should return it to your suppliar and try some different one which doesn't cause this kind of issue. As you are using the white slots on you board, the memory stick which you are using is the most common from all threads that i have found to use in this board. You can ensure that the heatsink pins are properly pluged in the board in the right place. Then also you are not able to solve your problem. I'll suggest you to go with the MSI, it has very good reviews and features which i had seen on the net.

I also have seen such a problem with i5 + Intel DP55WB at Intel club

I am going to bye a
    I5-750
    GA-P55-UD3L
    500GB HD
    2043T LG MONITOR
    G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ
    MSI HD 4670

will that be good and
    I want to bye a cabnet at around 1.5k please tell me one

You can go for ATX Mid Tower Computer Case. It has good design and as well as will fit into the budget of yours. So go for it. Its a good choice. Can also check out for enterage cabinates.

please tell me a SMPS fit for my configaration above at around 1500/-

I have just purchased a system with
    I5-750
    GA-P55-US3L MOTHERBOARD
    GSKIL F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
    500GB HARD DISK
    COOLER MASTER SMPS
    MSI R5570 MDIG GRAPHICS CARD
    650w UPS

but my computer have unexpected boots some time I see the blue screen
    which reads as
    "A PROBLEM IS DUCTED AND WINDOWS HAS BEEN SHUTTLED DOWN TO PREVENT THE DAMAGE"

I have windows 7 ultimate

This can be problem of the hardware. Sometime if your hardware will be not attached properly or having the issue with the hardware. So if you are also getting the message then check out the hardware connection. Also check for the Virus on your system might fix your issue. I hope this will help you. Thanks