Thread: Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P stops 2 DIMM slots

Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P stops 2 DIMM slots

Hey Friends, I am having problem with the new motherboard which i have brought GA-P55-UDP4P motherboard BIOS v. F3. This are having the following configuration.

• EVGA GTX 275 GPU
    • 1000 GB drives
    • i7 860 CPU
    • 8 GB RAM DDR 1600
    • Corsair HX750 PSU
    • OCZ Vertex 120 GB

The problem i am facing is with the boot. In the First boot it is showing the 8 GB but after the reboot showing the 8 GB but also the DIMM 3 and 4 is stopped. Even after the Restore of the system does not work properly. So help me with "Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P stops 2 DIMM slots". Thank you
    Last edited by REDBULL; 02-02-2010 at 08:50 AM.

Re: Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P stops 2 DIMM slots

I think that some of the motherboard does not support the higher RAM as you are using the 1600 DDR3 with the system that some time behave different as it expected with the Windows 7 64 bit is you are using the same. So try to decrease your RAM night be helpful for you. I hope this will work for you. Tell me if the problem does not resolve with this issue. Thanks

As you have said that the DIMM three and four are missing. Then it seems that there are some problem with the hardware. This can be because of the hardware failure of the system. Some time these symptoms are seen in the system having the CPU and memory failure too. And the only solution is that to reinstall it. So you also do the same and see whether it is working or not. Thanks
    Last edited by gygabite; 02-02-2010 at 09:01 AM.

Thanks for replying. I have tried the solution of the decreasing the RAM that is ad vised by you and also i have got the same suggestion from the Gigabyte that to decrease the RAM. I have tried the 1066 and 1333. Now my system reboot for the first time with the with the 8 GB but on the second boot it is showing the 1 and 2 missing instead of the 3 and 4. So help me with this too.

Even i am unbale to get the things that if the system is capable running tye DDR 3 2200 then why the system have problem with the lower one. Any ways do one thing clear the CMOS and make the complete setting one more time to work with so that this could be set up properly once again. Now run the 2x2GB and after that check whether the same problem occur or not i.e. it is still showing the 2gb or 4gb.

AS the nothing above is working for you and you are still unable to solve the issue then it is better to ask this problem with the Gigabyte so that if they have got the same issue with their motherboard then they might help you. Contacting of the dealer might also help you if the problem is seen in all the same motherboard. Thats all i can help you