Thread: Motherboard Beep Codes

Motherboard Beep Codes

Many times a hear the beeps from the motherboard. Then I have to call the Engineer to sort out my problem. Everytime when this happen I have to waste my time and money. Can anyone tell me how to trouble shoot such kinds of errors? So that I will be trying for myself to sort out my problem. Thanks

Re: Motherboard Beep Codes

Following are some beep code and their respected issue :

1. One short beep - System is OK
    2. Two short beeps - Error code will be shown on Screen
    3. No beep - System board problem
    4. Continuous beep - Power supply or Keyboard problem
    5. Repeated beeps - Power supply or System board problem

Hope this will help you a lot..!!!..

Here are some information about motherboard beep codes and their solutions :

1. If you are having one beep that means your motherboard is working fine.
    2. Two beep indicates that your computer has memory problems. To resolve this check video. If video is working, you'll see an error message. First check your SIMM's. Reset them and reboot. If this is also not working then memory chips may be bad. Try to check them using the manuals of motherboard.
    3. If you are getting too many short beeps then you will have to send your motherboard to replace.
    4. If there are one long and some short beeps then try resetting the video card or video cable which is mounted on the motherboard.

When you start your computer, the first thing the hardware runs a Power-On Self Test (POST). When there are some errors encountered during this POST test, they are usually displayed through an audio beep or in the form of code number which is flashed on your monitor. This audio code can help you to detect the exact issue of your motherboard.

i have the same issue. my workstation beeps 5 times while having 5 simultaneously red led blinks. it happened during the installation of windows xp os. i was at 30% copying files when i noticed that the system hangs. i forced off the unit. upon restarting, all i got is the beep and blink madness. one thing though, all the fans are spinning, psu, cpu fan, and the case fan.

is my motherboard damaged? i got it from ebay as refurbished. i even tried replacing a working processor to no avail. anyone, please help....

The issue is basically associated with the peripherals that is been attached to the board that is not connected properly or is malfunctioning. The Motherboard may have been damaged. I would suggest you to try connecting the peripheral to different board and then look for the same. If the problem still persists then the issue is with the peripheral not the motherboard.

how can we find the ram version(DDR1,2 or 3),is it printed on the RAM or can we identify by the leg configuration or is there any codes?..

You can make use of application that is Sandra lite application or check out. It is basically a benchmark suite for the same. So do look out and work out. As it is been installed and executed it will sort the change and perform as needed. So do look out and then function which will be better for the same. That is needed.