Thread: System upgradation leads to problem

System upgradation leads to problem

Hi. I have had a desktop system of configuration Intel pentium 4 processor with 512Mb ram. Now i have upgraded it with Intel Core 2 duo processor and 2 Gb ram. The problem is that my system has slow down after upgradation. I have upgraded in order to make the performance of the system better. But it has happened the reverse. I use windows XP as the operating system. Please help with a solution. Thank you.
    Last edited by Gabrieel; 30-11-2009 at 05:40 PM.

Re: System upgradation leads to problem

The problem that your system is not able to perform at a faster rate even after upgradation basically tends to a problem related to the unfragmentation of your drives. If you need to make it correct you have to make sure that the disk drives should be fragmented properly also there should be always atleast 10-20% of free space available in order to accessibility.

You might need to troubleshoot the system. Troubleshooting will help you in making the necessary changes. The issues can be related with the drivers for the new chipset board. You need to install the correct motherboard drivers instead of using the generic drivers from the operating system. This might lend in you especially your system to perform faster.

There can be a possibility that the ram you have installed may not compatible with the system. That is the processor or the motherboard may not be suited with the ram. Check for the user manual of the motherboard and ram. This will help you to check for the possibility that what the problem is actually. Installation of memory is the concern for the same.

Overheating may be an issue too with the system due to which the system is not responding well after upgradation. Check whether your processor is getting overheated. If it is then you need to add thermal paste to the heat sink. Also scan the drives for bad sectors. Even this might led to slow down the process too. Check for the possibilities. This will lead to solution.

A virus or a malware is the biggest issue that makes or creates such problem. Your system may be affected due to it. Scan your system by a good antivirus software. Go for AVG 9.0. You should scan your system first before formatting the drives. Atleast it will then let off the threats that may affect your system after formatting and installation.