Thread: Windows 7 too many minidumps issue

Windows 7 too many minidumps issue

My PC reboots quite often and has been going slower and slower. Just few days back i had upgraded my system from Windows Vista to Windows 7. Now the problem is that my new Windows 7 stores too many minidumps, which are saved in form of memory. Due to which my system keep on crashing. So, can any body tell me that how to resolve Windows 7 too many minidumps issue? any idea about it? Please help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Windows 7 too many minidumps issue

Windows 7 can cause problems while upgrading from Windows Vista, as it hangs forever at 62 percent complete level.According to me, you can find the the location of the minidumps, but they are usually saved here:

%SystemRoot%\Minidump

Where %SystemRoot% usually equals C:\Windows

This happens mainly while using IE 8 or Firefox 3.5. All of the MiniDump files have identical information using Bluescreen view. I got the correct debugging tools and symbol pack by installing WhoCrashed, and the first time you run it, it goes and gets the proper tools and symbols for you. It also analyzes the dump for you too.

By default Windows 7 keeps the last 50 minidumps file. This is entirely optional but you'll be happier, especially if you intend to do a fair amount of dump analysis. Choose the "custom" install option and use c:\debuggers (or d:\debuggers or whatever other drive) as the install path. These files are the memory images saved on the system when your PC crashes.

The new Microsoft Windows 7 has loads of interesting features and an improved interface. However, based on support contact with thousands of customers and tracking of social media conversations. Another entirely optional step that makes life easier. By registering WinDBG (the main debugger you'll want to use) as the default handler for common dump file types, you'll be able to double-click on a dump and have it open in WinDBG without having to go through the "File | Open" menu operation every time. This registration needs to be performed from an elevated CMD prompt (run CMD as administrator).