Thread: Transcend rams not supporting

Transcend rams not supporting

Hello. I recently purchased Transcend 2 Gb Ram for my desktop system. The configuration for my system is Intel pentium 4 processor with gigabyte 915gv board. Operating system Windows Xp. The problem is that my new ram is unable to support or read. They do not read the complete memory. What is the issue? Please help. Thank you.

Re: Transcend rams not supporting

This issue or problem is basically related to the motherboard. Check out the ports of your mother board. They might be the reason that it is not supporting. There might be three ports on your board. try to fix the ram on other slot and then try to initialize the memory. It might then work for you. There is some possibility that your port might have caught dust, clean it and then insert the RAM.

You might have chosen or bought a wrong configured ram. This purely resembles that your ram is not supporting due to the incompatibility of the device to the motherboard. There can be a possibility that the ram which you might have bought my be off ddr2. Whereas your board has the ability to initialize ddr rams only. Check out for the same.

Check the user manual for your motherboard as well as of the RAM. This will guide you and give you the idea why it is not functioning. The case may not be necessarily of been damaged or corrupt but it can be due the incompatibility. That is the ram may not fit into the board as the size and memory matters for every motherboard. your board may not have the power to cope to 2Gb rams.

Your motherboard may have an issue too. The issue could be of the power unit supply to the board may not be proper. They are not able to receive the proper power consumption due to failure in supply of power. Please check out the unit supply power. Then try to test the voltage that is been supplied to the memory. Increase the voltage by 0.1V from bios. This might work.

The problem can be solved by checking the memory in bios. try out your old ram and then look for detection. This may result that your memory might need a booster. You have to look whether the new ram is able to show up anything on it. Some of the manufactures programs the chip that it will not show up or allow manual changes in the settings.