Thread: Asus P7P55D Deluxe motherboard boot problem

Asus P7P55D Deluxe motherboard boot problem

I have been running Windows 7 32-bit RC and switched to Windows 7 64-bit this week. Now i'm facing problem with my Asus P7P55D Deluxe motherboard. When i try to power on the CPU LED lights for less than 2 seconds, all fans start spinning, then everything switch's off and again the thing restarts. If I leave it it goes on without stopping in this loop. can any any one tell me that why i'm having Asus P7P55D Deluxe motherboard booting problem?Has anyone had the same problem? Please help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Asus P7P55D Deluxe motherboard boot problem

One thing to make sure you've done is to set the BIOS to Optimized Defaults or similar to start with. From there, work on changing settings. Thus, if you change your memory modules, you won't have even tiny problems, which can be solved by clearing CMOS.

Try one module at a time, in all slots? Disconnect everything but PSU, cpu fan and ram - normal troubleshooting steps. This motherboard supports the latest Intel Lynnfield processors in LGA1156 package which has memory and PCI Express controller integrated to support 2-channel (4 DIMMs) DDR3 memory and 16 PCI Express 2.0 lanes providing great graphics performance.

It's hard to believe that both of you got two bad RAM modules - there's something else wrong here. Much easier to believe that both of you have a bad motherboard actually. I would suggest putting some non conductive silicone lubricant on the connector plug before plugging it into the motherboard. That way you might be able to remove the plug without damaging the TurboV plug or the motherboard.

That sounds like the EXACT problem I was having with my 6-day old P7P55D Pro MOBO.

I ended up sending it in for repair and I should get it back this week. I was wondering if you ever resolved your issue with it.

It would do it with only the CPU and RAM in place. I took it to a local repair place and they confirmed the MOBO was defective.

Having the same problem here
    asus p7p55d deluxe
    i7 860
    8 gb corsair Xms3
    850 watt cooler master 80

did just about everything here but make the bios change. If i disconnect all the accessories fans but the CPU fan the system will boot up and run fine as soon as i ad i an fan it goes into false start cycle. its like the board is not getting enough power to start. I did find on New egg there was a problem with the Cooler master power suplies
    Last edited by Curtis M; 15-05-2010 at 06:04 AM.

As you have performed all the troubleshooting steps mentioned above, then the only solution to the problem which I can see is to replace the Power Supply Unit of the computer. The SMPS is probably inefficient in providing required voltage levels to all the devices connected and must be getting loaded due to which the system is not booting. Try using some other SMPS and see if the computer boots.

turned out to be PSU. I used PSU from old PC. I also did a volt test and found Yellow wire was 10 volt when suppose to be 12 volt.
    Thank you for your time