Thread: ECS P4M800Pro-M v1.0A kingston memory problem

ECS P4M800Pro-M v1.0A kingston memory problem

I just recently bought 1gb of pc4200 DDR2 ram. I'm getting a BSOD with physical memory dump errors, and I'm fairly certain it's a result of my memory timings. have a ECS P4M800Pro-M v1.0A. I removed the old DDR ram because you can't use DDR and DDR2 at the same time and just put in the new 1gb stick. I booted and on the black boot up screen it detected only 512mb of DDR2. I thought that the problem was because of the Sigle Sided modules. But it went into windows xp with no other problems though. I went into the system properties and it also only detects 512mb of ram. I then ran CPUZ and PC WIZARD 2008 and those programs detected the full stick. Does anyone know how to fix ECS P4M800Pro-M v1.0A Kingston memory problem ? Any idea on the above issue? Thanks.

Re: ECS P4M800Pro-M v1.0A kingston memory problem

The fist RAM you listed has a CAS Latency of 5 instead of 6 like the other RAM. Have you tried resetting your CMOS? Maybe your BIOS just needs refreshing after the memory change. Technically, the first RAM would be the higher performer because it has tighter timings but you won't be able to tell the difference.

The problem is that the ram you have received is of a higher density that is not supported by the motherboard. That depends on what motherboard you're using. Whatever the case, you may have to reset your BIOS settings. If you look at your ram module you'll see it is single-sided, where there are 8 chips on one side and none on the other.

It's a safer bet if the RAM pairs are identical but with the two you asked about, they are probably identical pairs anyhow with just slightly different timings. What you need is a lower density ram, which is quite hard to find these days, back when the P4M800PRO-M was first being manufactured this type of ram was more common. Timings can be changed in BIOS anyway if need be. Look for ram that is 64Mx8. This will be double-sided ram, where there are 8 chips on each side of the module making a total of 16 chips.