Thread: CPU frequency problem in Windows 7 RC

CPU frequency problem in Windows 7 RC

I installed Windows 7 RC on my Asus A6VA, its a Centrino 2 with Pentium M 740 2GB of ram and X700 with 128MB dedicated.

I have a concern with my audio signal of processor which is either at min or max depending on whether one starts on battery or AC power. Let me explain: if I boot on battery, CPU frequency is 800MHz and it does not move and that I select the high performance mode or battery max, I plug in the adapter but nothing works. The only way is to restart the PC connected to the main power.

Conversely I start connected to the mains, then the PC starts up faster, the processor is necessarily at its maximum frequency ie 1.73 GHz but even "at rest" the processor is at its maximum frequency, as I put on battery, I change power consumption, but still the process remains at max.

I can not find a solution. is that somebody has an idea?

Re: CPU frequency problem in Windows 7 RC

You talk about the frequency displayed in System Control Panel? If yes, I do not know at all how Windows updates the display in "System", if it detects directly or only at startup.

A good way to find the true information of your CPU is to watch with CPU-Z!

CPU-Z confirms me the same thing, either the processor is at max or min. Nothing can change the frequency to share a reboot or exit from hibernation by plugging or unplugging the power after the desired frequency ... (the day just does not change anything)

In the advanced power options, you can set the processor state in percentage according to the profile power, the rule can be max rate of 100% in the profile on drums, and the state minimum of 5% in for the sector?

No, but the utilization of processor works without any worries. This is the frequency that does not move the SpeedStep, it is either the mini (coef x6) or at max (coef x13) and remains blocked. Only booting battery or AC which action on the choice of coef.

Then nothing changes the coefficient, changing power consumption patterns, connecting or disconnecting the psu.