Thread: Toshiba Bios 8.2 upgrade problem

Toshiba Bios 8.2 upgrade problem

My notebook is Toshiba, I have Bios version is 8.2. I got the latest Bios upgrade from the Toshiba website, simply to upgraded my BIOS, and all seemes well. earlier whenever I try to access the BIOS pages, I was using F1 to hit during start-up. This does NOT work now. Any suggestions?

Re: Toshiba Bios 8.2 upgrade problem

If the computer is turned off press the power button for several minutes, and then the operation returns normal, Uninstall the drive in devicemanager. Then restart. If it fails again, contact DELL. or else if you are trying upgrade bios to repair the problem select the right link which would be proper for your laptop model number on their official site

You must boot into MS DOS mode and not try to run this in a DOS box under Win9x. Could it be that this drive were successfully crossflashed? But I have no idea if it is suitable for a DELL model. Reset the computer and either boot from an MSDOS floppy disk or press the F8 key at the "Starting Windows 95" message after the BIOS test. Then choose "Safe Mode Command Prompt". At this point, you can run the BIOS update installer. The install will automatically unzip and create a floppy. However, despite instructions to the contrary, the disk that is created is not bootable. The DOS command SYS remedies the problem.

Try this, Press Esc(Escape) Key continuously until a Press F1 to access bios appears on screen. I have a Nero Disc Info output. If it may help you in telling something. I have tried Hijacker's RPC1 patch on the DE04. It installed fine but the problem remained. My drive is now RPC1, Region = All.