Thread: Need information on Emachine W3107 Mobo k8mc5ig

Need information on Emachine W3107 Mobo k8mc5ig

One of my friend has this Emachine W3107 motherboard k8mc5ig and he needs information on the same. He has some problem with the monitor or either his video card. If he plugs the wire in the monitor, everything goes well, you can hear the fan sound but there is no signal to the monitor coming on the screen. So I am not sure where the problem lies? Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Re: Need information on Emachine W3107 Mobo k8mc5ig

Yes, it might be a video card problem I think, so firstly what you can do is reset cmos battery and to do this unplug power cable from PC and open one side of the case and look for silver coin-like CMOS battery then take battery out and leave this way for 5-10 minutes and find CMOS reset jumper and move it from 1-2 pins to 2-3 pins then hit power button couple of times and move back jumper to 1-2 pins then put back CMOS battery and check whether the pc boots up or not. If that does not help then start PC and hit F8 button couple of times and choose 'Enable VGA mode' and hit Enter.

You can also disable the onboard video by going into the advanced tab in BIOS. On many of the newer boards disabling is not necessary since BIOS will default to a PCIe card if it is installed. It has a pci-express video slot and you can thus install any of the supported video card.

You can get more information from here, #1 its emachines I would do the tech support live chat. Its free,I'm sure you can get help for your computer here. By the way that computer you got is a very good one,If you every want to sell it please let me know.

plug monitor in another computer, see if it's working, if it's all right then it's either video card or RAM, remove RAM plates from motherboard, leave just one, and try again, if not succesfuull then, remove that plate and put in another, also change dim's , try removing battery when the case is unpluged from the power outlet. Pleas inform with results