Thread: Motherboard chipest amd or intel

question Motherboard chipest amd or intel

Hey guys can anyone tell which chipest is price worthy along with performance?

Re: Motherboard chipest amd or intel

Motherboards have chipsets for onboard devices like sound, display, etc. There are different motherboards for Intel processors and AMD processors, you decide which processor you want and you can buy motherboard accordingly, there are motherboard with intel chipset but no AMD chipset as Intel has diaply card [onboard intel display card] and ATi is a sub division of AMD which has on board display, so chipset is ATi and not AMD...

Exclamation Re: Motherboard chipest amd or intel

Quote Originally Posted by Rudra.J View Post
    Motherboards have chipsets for onboard devices like sound, display, etc. There are different motherboards for Intel processors and AMD processors, you decide which processor you want and you can buy motherboard accordingly, there are motherboard with intel chipset but no AMD chipset as Intel has diaply card [onboard intel display card] and ATi is a sub division of AMD which has on board display, so chipset is ATi and not AMD...
    Sorry Rudra.j it is not clear to me. What do you mean by chipest is ati not amd?
    There is onboard Amd graphics(Not Ati) available along with Amd chipest. It is not necessary that amd chipest alaways use ati northbridge or southbridge

Follow this link- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD_chipsets
    And this one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_ATI_chipsets

My question- which chipest(of course between amd or intel) is price worthy along with performance?

I hope i am clear

Re: Motherboard chipest amd or intel

If you have'nt know already ATI and AMD are one company. Few Years ago AMD spent more then 5 billion dollars to buy ATI. So both of you are right. AMD makes CPU-s, and ATI makes Chipsets and Graphic cards, so don't worry if you saw a graphic card, or motherboard that writes ATI or AMD, same thing, but for the chipset I would personally took ATI, because it has a better support for ATI graphic card, and maybe more stabile. This ofcourse means that you use motherboard of same type different chipsets. But if you compare intel chipset with deluxe motherboard, and ATi chipset with some cheap motherboard then go with deluxe intel it has better support. hope you understood. Just a tip if have ATI graphic card go with ati chipsets