Thread: How to upgrade processor ( CPU )

How to upgrade processor ( CPU )

hi
    i wanted to upgrade my processor to latest one but i am having less knowledge with computer so better if you help me. currently i am having computer that i bought before one year which is core 2 duo and intel motherboard so please tell me alternative....
    thank you

Re: How to upgrade processor ( CPU )

The greatest risk in attempting to upgrade your PC is that you can damage any peripherals so if you looking for upgrade be careful it better to upgrade full configuration rather than upgrade few component which cause instability inside whole system so better to get complete new computer.

How to Upgrade a CPU

1. Shut down the computer, and unplug all accessories attached to it.
    2. Continue by unplugging the computer completely from its power source, and "ground" yourself.
    3. Remove the screws holding the computer's cover in place.
    4. Remove the cover and place it gently to the side.
    5. Locate the computer's motherboard with different components attached to it.
    6. The motherboard will be connected to the heatsink and fan, which protects the computer from overheating.
    7. Remove the heatsink, and your computer's CPU will be located below it.
    8. When the old CPU is visible, remove this old one by lifting up the tab holding it in place, and lifting it out.
    9. The new CPU can be inserted by matching it correctly into position.
    10. Push down the tab to hold the new CPU into position. It is important to exercise extreme care when upgrading a CPU, because it is a fragile piece of computer equipment.
    11. A thin layer of thermal compound should be applied before placing the heatsink back into position. This thermal compound is used to ensure a better connection between the CPU and the heatsink.
    12. Afterwards, the heatsink can be reinstalled, and the fan's wire reattached to the motherboard.
    13. The next step would be to confirm everything is properly connected, before closing the computer again.
    14. When you are satisfied with the connections, screw the computer's cover back into place, after removing the "grounding" cable.
    15. Plug your computer into its power source, and attach all the accessories, which were removed in the beginning, and turn the computer on.

tech-faq.com

The latest core i7 is best and powerful .Core i7 is the first Intel processor to integrate the memory controller and has, in native, 4 cores in the same silicon chip. But if this state of affairs suggests that it is a monolithic processor.Core i7 also marks the return of Hyperthreading. This technology introduced in the Pentium 4 Northwood is to create two logic chips on one heart.