Thread: Mobo and Processor for GTA IV and latest games

Mobo and Processor for GTA IV and latest games

Hello everyone i have a very weak mobo and processor but have a very powerful graphic card radeon 4890 so i need a mobo which can support crossfirex @ x16 both slots for future upgrade and core 2 duo processor 3.0ghz for my extreme gaming i dont want to spend money on core 2 quad or I7 becoz i heard core 2 duo @ 3 ghz is more than enough for gaming and should i stay with DDR2 ram or DDR3 for my gaming i already choose my mobo as ASUS P5Q PRO but tell me if i you guys know a better mobo thank you

Re: Mobo and Processor for GTA IV and latest games

Hello , You can check this thread for more information , Best i7 Motherboard

Intel P45 Express Chipset is also supports the latest 45nm Intel Core 2 processor family at 1333MHz FSB, dual-channel DDR3, Intel Extreme Memory Profiles (Intel XMP), dual PCI Express 2.0 graphics and Intel Extreme Tuning.

Umm.. guys is it ok if i take core 2 duo coz after i buy it i dont want to regret it and sell it back i want to be sure that my processor should handle all games i play so which processor can make me game forever any ideas guys plz and i already have a very powerful GPU Sapphire Radeon 4890 HD so i can game atleast for next 5 years right?

I will suggest you that instead of Core 2 duo, you just go for Quad core processor with your existing Sapphire Radeon 4890 HD ,then you does not need to buy anything for the next 5 years..

You are thinking about much long time ....next 5 years so there is no guarantee as gaming experience increasing with new technology ......with core 2 duo and 4890 HD you can able to play with each game but cant predict future ....

I can Suggest only one thing stay with your mobo nd Core 2 Processor or Oc it with nice V8 coolers and you can have some satisfaction for sometime atleast since you have already have a nice ATI GFX card i think you have no hard time enjoying games .. i always think invest on a good Game card then going for fancy i7 settle with Core 2 Duo or Quads ( most games don't support it yet ) so core 2 duo is more practical option for you !

Mobo and Processor for GTA IV and latest games

If you want to play GTA IV on your system then definitely it will work, but if you want to play latest games then it might happen that you won't be able to play those games in that case i would recommend you to buy graphic card which would be within your budget and you can take Core 2 quad or I7 once they are available in lower cost as compared right now.