Thread: Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe with Phenom II

Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe with Phenom II

Hello everyone!

Let me explain the problem:
    Only a few days ago, I was using a AMD X2 4200 + at 2.2GHz combined with a motherboard ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe.

But yesterday I made the acquisition of AMD Phenom II 920, and I wanted installed on my motherboard ....

Once editing is complete, I turn on (normal). The pc cuts net after 2 seconds, no time to hear the speaker bipper. Several attempts later, I decided to trace my old processor, After doing some internet research, I found the news that a BIOS update is needed so that my mobo AM2 socket can accommodate says Phenom II.

I download the bios and corresponding AsusUpdate (updated bios)
    the update is done, just reboot, but since then my keyboard and my mouse no longer respond, once income under windows.

Ultimately, I put my old version of bios via my motherboard cd. Everything seems to work now!

My processor is detected but not recognized. (!)

This is an AMD Phenom II 920, however, in the bios or xp, it is: "AMD processor model unknown" ...

Could you help me on that please?

I know two things:
    -Is it normal for my pc turns on and off 2sec later with the Phenom, even if the bios is not up to date?

-What 's it going to be arrived at my keyboard and my mouse! (I say they are both connected to USB)

Thank you in advance for any comments.

Re: Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe and Phenom II

This is normal, the Phenom II is not officially supported by this motherboard. But normally there is no other problem, your CPU runs at its full potential.

In fact, almost all motherboards support the AM2/AM2 + Phenom II, even if it is not clear.

Physically fit to Phenom II already, but if it is not recognized by the Bios it may happen that your system fails to boot or other weird things. If the Asus has not in the list at that time it may be support for the CPU to the board in the form of a will against Biosupdates. You can get to the Asus Support (If you use the Asus for ever may call it) apply.

The Phenom will work very well with M2N32-SLI Deluxe. The bios must be updated to the version of 1501, already has the 1701 version on the ASUS site.

Attention, before mounting the Phenom is needed to upgrade the BIOS with another processor AMD. I have this card with this processor.