Thread: Decently priced computer for Adobe Illustrator, After Effects, Photoshop

Decently priced computer for Adobe Illustrator, After Effects, Photoshop

Hi All,
    I want to assemble a machine for home use, primarily to work primarily on Adobe Illustrator, After Effects and Photoshop. It would be nice if anyone could give me an exact configuration keeping in mind a 25k budget. I do agree its a bit tight but if there are any good configs available there please let me know.

Regards
    Hanoze

P.S. Going a bit off track from the budget, it would also be nice if anyone could suggest me a good laptop config which would suit my current needs.

Re: Decently priced computer for Adobe Illustrator, After Effects, Photoshop

Building a system for photoshop depends on what your purpose is are you working on photoshop for professional purposes or just for fun?

Photoshop likes cpu and ram and lots of it so go with the most amount you can afford and as for motherboard go with a Intel chipset, like the Intel P35 or the upcoming X38.

Some P35 and X38 boards will use DDR3 and their prices right now are just ridiculious. Look for those that uses DDR2 if you want to get the most for your money.

its hard to get such configuration but not impossible you looking for Adobe Illustrator, After Effects, Photoshop.Photoshop can be work on low configuration but for Adobe Illustrator, After Effects you need something good configuration for work properly well for your work amd is best option and also cheap put your money in good processor and motherboard .try cpu amd9550 (price must less than 7000) and motherboard AMD 780 is also same but this is with ddr2 ram so you can try other motherboard for ddr3 ram which is good and cheap...

Thanks a lot guys really appreciate it.
    I plan to do some freelance work from home and hence want to get myself a decent workable config. At present I have an ancient one i.e. Athlon 1700+ series which I had got back in 2001 ish. TJ you are advising me for Intel and timon you are for AMD. I agree with timon that AMD is a cheeper option but if we need to compare between Amd and Intel which would be the best one for the apps I need to work on. Along with that which graphics card do u guys suggest. Should I go with a graphics card which has more Ram or a better chipset one with a little less memory.
    Sorry to bother you guys.
    Thanks a lot

PS: It would be lovely if u could give me the motherboard model nos with the processors you suggest as I don't know much about that as well .