Thread: Motherboard Date Keeps on Reseting

Motherboard Date Keeps on Reseting

Hey Guys!
    I have a computer with a Asus K8-VMX motherboard. When I shutdown my computer and later start the computer the date would be January 1 2001. Everytime i configure the date from BIOS or Windows but on next power on it would revert to January 1 2001. What can be done to resolve this issue? Help Guys...! Thanks in advance...!

Re: Motherboard Date Keeps on Reseting

Hey!
    Check if the cmos jumper is not bad or is not in the clear position. Did you open up the cabinet and made some changes? There is a jumper on the motherboard that supplies power to the CMOS or BIOS which saves the settings that are mode to it..! If you change the jumper position it will clear the BIOS and it will take the default settings or you can say it will be reset..! Check for the jumper..! All the best!

Hey!
    Thanks for giving me a quick reply...! But no, i did not open up my cpu cabinet nor i did any configuration changes inside the motherboard...! I started getting this problem from when i started to switch OFF the main power, i used to keep the mains supply on so that i could easy switch on my computer...! But it was not a safe practice as ours is a lightening prone area and that could damage the computer...! Help Guys...!

Hey!
    This might happen because the CMOS battery must have died...! Replace the CMOS battery and see what happens and if the computer does the same thing then you can try updating your BIOS...! But replacing the batter must solve your problem..! All the best...!