Thread: MAX RAM Used for XP

MAX RAM Used for XP

I am using Windows XP Pro.... & its Working Slow with the 1 GB RAM in it....
    I want to upgrade it but was not sure How much Maximum amount of RAM it can handle..???

Please Help ....!

Re: MAX RAM Used for XP

Look at the article on this site linked below.....

Mirror 1

Usually the practical limit is hardware - number of memory slots times memory stick capacity. The number of slots is easy enough to count just by looking, but the addressable capacity per slot may have some inherent limitations in the bit length of the memory addressing scheme, which you won't find readily in the end-user documentation. That means you have to assume it is implicit in the manufacturer's guidance of maximum memory. I've seen a number of 3-slot boards state a 3G max, but perhaps the ones you are looking at have a real 2G max (and were built with 4 slots based on the memory market being mostly 512M modules), or perhaps it is just old marketing information from back when the earth was still flat and 1G modules hadn't been invented. You might check the mobo manufacturer's website to see if they have changed the technical specs despite what you see on the retail sales page.

If you like, I have a (US-based) site that can scan your system and tell you exactly what you have and what you can put in for max performance.

Some people are afraid of these scanners, but they are interested in selling hardware, and I have NEVER had nor have I ever HEARD of anyone having trouble with it..spyware-wise or trojan-wise.

HERE: http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/

I use it on every repair and rebuild I do and have never had a problem.