Thread: Problem Bios 1405 and 1409 ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe

Problem Bios 1405 and 1409 ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe

I just updated my AMI Bios version 1405 (the version I had before 1009), I updated in 1405 because I wanted to install Windows XP SP3 and the only bios of this motherboard with SP3 which works (at least moved).

But now I have an eternal hourglass when I want "Customize Notifications" in "Properties" of the Taskbar and Start Menu of Windows XP Pro. When I click OK or Apply, I get the hourglass forever ... and when I interrupt the proceedings, I have the window "Explorer.exe not responding."

When I try to boot into safe mode, the blue screen with the message "The BIOS in this system is not fully compliant with the ACPI specification. Contact your system manufacturer to see if an updated BIOS is available. ..... "

The BIOS 1009 works perfectly with Windows XP SP2, but does not work with XP SP3 (start loop). ASUS provides a Bios 1405 Beta running XP SP3, but apparently causes other bugs in Windows XP.

Is it possible to reflash the BIOS and return in 1009? For my OS and my programs, there's no problem to put everything as before because I made a clone of the system on a second hard drive before installing SP3.

ASUS and Microsoft begins to seriously annoys me ....

Before I return as before, it would have the solution to this problem "blue screen" and "Explorer.exe to respond"?

Re: Problem Bios 1405 and 1409 ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe

It is weird because on my side whatever the bios is sp3 installs without a problem. I think the flash was successful, but your problem is elsewhere. I prefer a clean install of the system, and I install the sp3.

Thank you for your reply, but the actual installation of SP3 took place without problem, only some functions of Windows that problem later.

Now, I put the latest BIOS 1409 and the problem persist. In addition to rest, with the 1409, I now have my Panda Antivirus Pro 2009 not starting automatically when you start Windows XP.

Asus confirms to me that my problem is apparently a compatibility issue.

I solved the problem of the taskbar. It was the HP printer from my Windows crashed. But the blue screen, always the same problem.

If I use USB keyboard mouse = Blue Screen,
    If I use mouse on PS/2 port = No blue screen at normal boot but blue screen at startup without failure.

Blue screen may be due to an incompatibility with the ram. Need more info about your config

In fact, Asus admits having a problem with the BIOS of this motherboard but did not provide the solution. They will perhaps make a new Bios. Waiting for a week now.

My config is this:

32bit Windows XP Professional SP3
    Case: Antec Performance One P160W
    Power supply: EvoStream OCZ 720W SLI compatible
    Additional Power supply: Fortron Booster X3 SLI 300W
    2 case fans Antec TriCool Blue LED 120mm
    Motherboard: ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe 2x 16x Socket 939
    AMD Athlon 64 FX-57 2.8 GHz
    CNPS9700LED Zalman CPU fan (Blue Led)
    RAM: 2GB Corsair Twinx 2x1024 XMS PC3200 C2 (Dual Channel)
    2 graphics cards installed ASUS 8800GTX SLI
    1 HDD Hitachi Deskstar T7K500 320GB Sata II 16MB cache
    1 HDD WD Velociraptor 300GB Sata II 16MB cache
    1 HDD WD Caviar Black 1TB Sata II 32MB cache
    1 drive Plextor PX-716SA SATA
    1 floppy drive

I know this is an old thread but I thought you guys might like to know what I found out. I have BIOS 1409 installed. From another forum I found that SP3 will boot if you put a flash drive or any other USB drive in a port. After XP booted up, I applied the updates and it started looping again with the thumb drive attached. I removed the drive and it booted normally. For an experiment, I tried what someone else mentioned here and disabled the parallel port and it now boots up fine. It no problem for me because my printer is a network printer anyhow or most printers these days are USB. Hopes this helps someone in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by spdaimon View Post
    I know this is an old thread but I thought you guys might like to know what I found out. I have BIOS 1409 installed. From another forum I found that SP3 will boot if you put a flash drive or any other USB drive in a port. After XP booted up, I applied the updates and it started looping again with the thumb drive attached. I removed the drive and it booted normally. For an experiment, I tried what someone else mentioned here and disabled the parallel port and it now boots up fine. It no problem for me because my printer is a network printer anyhow or most printers these days are USB. Hopes this helps someone in the future.
    Hallelujah! Thanks for old posts! I had been given a problematic Asus A8N32-SLI MoBo and fell into the boot loop after installing XP/SP3. Who woulda thunk plugging in a USB device would bypass this fault? If anything REMOVING devices would be my first step thinking it would reduce device conflicts, power demands, etc. I wish you had posted the link that gave you the hints - I'd love to have learned about the thought process that led someone to find this fix. If for nothing else to expand my horizons on things to try when a new build has issues. -Thanks immensely.