Thread: Problem With Asus M3A79T-Deluxe Motherboard

Problem With Asus M3A79T-Deluxe Motherboard

I recently bought a AMD Phenom 940, an ASUS M3A79T-Deluxe motherboard and 2 X 2Gb Crucial 1066 memory stick.

I succesfully builded outside case as anything goes wrong it is easier to me get the solution of it.

I managed everything altogether, switched the Power Supply Unit on, the power button lit up, I pressed it, but no beeps, no display.

Please provide some suggection regarding this

Re: Problem With Asus M3A79T-Deluxe Motherboard

Trying to flash a board with the wrong BIOS is not a smart move - leave it be. Try reading the manual. My guess is you didn't properly set the FSB jumper (CPU_FSB)...it's right next to the chipset

Can you test your monitor with another computer?

When you turn your system on, does the hard drive, floopy drive, CD or DVD spin up?

It's probably a case of shorting somewhere between the mobo's bottom & the case. The best way to test it is to move the mobo out of the case, onto the original anti-static bag, with only cpu, ram & video. Boot it up from there. If it works, you found the problem.

Have yourr same problem. My pc does not power on. Do you remember if you have the memory controller too hot just after the powering up of the pc?
    Since mine gets very hot that you almost burn your finger.

I have same problem with this mobo (P4P800-X), if I push power button, motherboard will be power up for a few second and then off again, and if I push the power button again, no response, dead ! I try to off main power until the led off, connect power again and push power button for a few times (both of the step), motherboard goes turn on and normal to be use but bios info informed that the motherboard failed to overclocked. I never overclock this motherboard, everything is in default value! after turn off the motherboard for a day, and power up again next day the problem rise again, I don't now the real problem, but maybe the method can be use to backup your data before the motherboard perfectly dead ! Asus have problem for another type of motherboard, motherboard will be dead, a few minutes ago you use your motheboard normal and no problem, when you open the case, a few chip look like burn.

I have the exact same board and processor, I have the same problem!! I think its defective, Im sending out for RMA.. I just got mines a couple days ago, got a chance to test it today.. and it didn't work =/

I believe you must have one of the newer BIOSes (0703 is the latest) to boot up with a Phenom II. There is an issue w/ Phenom IIs and the first BIOS (0302) and maybe the second one (0403) too. Read the reviews at nuiegg ;-) on the M3A79-T Deluxe. So I had to flash with an older CPU, then take it out and then install Phenom II 940. PIA but it works now.

It's not an issue with the Phenom; it's the extra RAM. Take out your extra RAM and it should run, BIOS and CPU has nothing to do with it. But here's the link for the BIOS update, anyways.

http://support.asus.com/download/dow...Language=en-us
    Type your model in the search box.