Thread: "Run DLL" warning at boot ...

"Run DLL" warning at boot ...

Hello everyone ...

As the title suggests, I have a tiny problem with one of the DLL files ... I hope that here in the "safety area" True am, because I have the suspicion that this is a virus problem could be ...

After my recent move + switch in the telecom, I have the weekend a new virus scanner installed. Previously, I have Norton 360 2.0 from the T-Online security package is used.

First, I have the AVG Free 8.0 installed. After a scan that has the dll file "Winhel.dll" in the folder C: \ Windows \ SysWOW64 \ as trojans detected and removed. Then now appeared at every system startup the error message that the file system "Winhel.dll" not found. With a click on the OK button, but my system is running without problems continue ...

Ich hab ne System then made at a time when the problem has not yet occurred. Then I have the virus scanner Kaspersky Security Suite CBE from the computer screen installed.
    This takes place during a scan as the Trojans' Winhel.dll "... I have the file now in quarantine leave. At each system boot occurs then stop again above error message on ...
    If I change the file from quarantine restore and start my browser (Firefox 3.0.5) it jumps every time the virus scanner and report the file as a trojan Winhel.dll ...

Since this is extremely annoying is, I wanted this time to contact you if you give me any solution ...

Re: "Run DLL" warning at boot ...

Start -> Run -> msconfig
    where the starting entry of the dll delete it.

You'll find nothing because the alternative:
    Go look at the registry and such since winhel.dll ... then you'll find the place to 99% (usually the deletion of the last record then, but make backup before that)

Edit: And the mere fact that you already had a trojan on it, calls into question whether your Windows really "clean" it. Ideally it would be a bootable CD to scan, which cannot be infected.

Get ready for the computer in Safe Mode,
    the "Winhel.dll" examined all the entries and delete the computer "normally" to start them?
    Possibly. you get the dll so away.

So the DLL is as far away ... at least I think that ..

The virus scanner has it in quarantine so they chartered and thus rendered unusable.

Only when the system starts to stop the error message that the DLL file not found, would be (understandable, since they are in quarantine is) ...

In msconfig, I was able to build the DLL file is never found when the system starts ... because everything looks quite normal ... will be at home when I'm in safe mode times the Registry scan ...

How does it work with the boot CD? Is there special programs for? Any recommendations?