Thread: Windows 7 does not install on the motherboard Asus M2NPV-VM

Windows 7 does not install on the motherboard Asus M2NPV-VM

I tried to install Windows 7 on a second HD which I have here, but at the end of the installation, when the system restarts, a blue screen error accusing likely hardware or software, the system restarts and there is this loop. Already recorded two DVDs and installed twice, but the same error occurs. Have read reports of other users of that the motherboard that failed to install Windows 7. What could be?

At this moment I am using Vista x64 in HD which is reserved for Windows 7.

I would like to thank anyone who can help.

Re: Windows 7 does not install on the motherboard Asus M2NPV-VM

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    I tried to install Windows 7 on a second HD which I have here, but at the end of the installation, when the system restarts, a blue screen error accusing likely hardware or software, the system restarts and there is this loop. Already recorded two DVDs and installed twice, but the same error occurs. Have read reports of other users of that the motherboard that failed to install Windows 7. What could be?

Had installed Vista on it?
    If not, try updating the BIOS of the motherboard.
    It is a risky process, do at your own risk and make very carefully.

This HD was with Vista installed, but the format before I install the Win 7. I am using the latest available BIOS for this card.

I'm having the same problem and the damn blue screen of death eternal
    I have an Asus P5W DH. I have install the windows 7 on 32-bit version but now I want to install it on 64-bit but blue screen appears in the boot of the dvd and warns that does not support Multi Processor ('ll understand !!!!!!)

my config:

Intel Q9400@2.86 GHz Buffalo Cooler
    ASUS P5W DH Deluxe
    2x2 GB DDR2 800 (4GB)
    Cabinet Cooler Master Elite 331
    Zotac Geforce 9600GT 512Mb DDR3 256-bit

Dude, I'm using this motherboard, I had problems with blue screen when installing Windows7 x64 .. In my case, the problem was the video driver that was installed during the installation. To solve the problem. You can take a picture (with cell phone or digital camera) that blue screen or at least see what is written and posted here. So we can help you. If the same error, you have no luck so far .. hehe .. you move step by step.

See if the blue screen mentions the file: "nvlddmkm.sys.

Quote Originally Posted by HellBoy21 View Post
    I'm having the same problem and the damn blue screen of death eternal
    I have an Asus P5W DH. I have install the windows 7 on 32-bit version but now I want to install it on 64-bit but blue screen appears in the boot of the dvd and warns that does not support Multi Processor ('ll understand !!!!!!)
    I have the same board and had the same problem. My fix was to downgrade the BIOS from 2801 to 2704 and viola, I installed 7077 64bit without a hitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post

I had a problem installing windows 7 on my M2NPV-VM too, sorted it out though!

What was causing my blue screens was the video driver crashing. So what i did was install another video card for the windows 7 setup, then enabled both cards in the bios. Manually downloaded the vista driver from asus website and manually installed it (from device manager) then removed the other video card and used the onboard vga. worked like a charm!

I've just managed to get my build working. I was getting a graphics glitch in install. I used a pci-express graphics card for the installation and continuously hit F8 through the windows 7 installation dos loading bar; safe mode installed windows 7 worked.

- Then installed drivers (nforce and geforce from nVidia.com) and switched back to the onboard gpu; very strange graphics glitch and crash (I'm on DVI btw). This was always within a minute of logging on to user account.
    - (ramble) cut a long story short updating bios to the 1401 version has done it - no more rubbish... so far. Taken me until 4am.
    To say the least this forum was inspiring. ^_^ thank you all.

p.s. Updating a BIOS can be on par with the stress of divorce! I'm off for a whiskey and a cigar during the next one.

sad Windows 7 does not install on the motherboard Asus M2NPV-VM

Hi, i'm new.
    I tried every bios update\downgrade, but during first installation of window7 x64 (i tried also x86) i have a blue screen (see attachment). I installed also win 7 in low resolution but i continue having the same BSOD

Can anyone help me please?

IMG_0069.JPG

pc101085,

Can you tell us what is the computer specifications that you are having? Can you try to run Memtest86+ overnight, after your computer has been off for an hour or two so it has a cold start. Let it run for at least 7 passes / 6-8 hours. If errors appear before that you can stop that particular test. Any time Memtest86+ reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad Mobo slot.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

sad Re: Windows 7 does not install on the motherboard Asus M2NPV-VM

i solved the issue changing videocard...