Thread: Mobo Sound Not working

Mobo Sound Not working

hi there...........

I have recently upgraded my system, and I am facing a problem with the section i.e sound problem. I am having windows Vista 64-bit operating system, and the audio drivers are installed successfully, but all I'm getting is no sound.

Please help me in finding the error regarding sound............

Re: Mobo Sound Not working

check to see that the onboard sound is enabled in the bios. You can check the mobo mfg's website for the latest audio drivers for your board. If you still have the original mobo cd then the drivers for the audio should be on there.....make sure to save the bios settings after you changed them....if they reset to default values on restart then you'll need to replace the cmos battery on the mobo, be sure to uninstall the corrupt audio drivers before attempting to install the latest ones

If you installed something after the restore date, it will only reflect what was on the computer on that restore date, so the new program will not be on there. Usually, if one only goes back a day or two, you don't lose too much, so look for a near date and try it....and, if that does not help, move back an additional date.

check that the BIOS is updated (new doesn't mean it's current!) Then that the onboard sound is enabled and then the more usual issues. People try to move a windows install over. This rarely works.

I suggest you use the mtrbd. install CD and load the drivers for the audio portion. In some cases a "newer" driver is available from ECS support website get it for your model(verify). Don't rely on the OS to provide the driver as the mtrbd. driver that OS is usually a better install, but if it works, it works. If after all is said and done, it still fails, check the device mgr., are there any red/yellow flags? If so, reload driver from the device line item to correct. Make sure also, that the "audio" is enabled under bios area and/or proper connection is being made.