Thread: CPU Fan Not Speeding UP

CPU Fan Not Speeding UP

Few months back i bought a new motherboard Intel DG33TL with a Q6700 Quad Processor. I was desperate and wanted to check the tempeture and to explain you more, it was 91 degrees so i turn off my machine and opened and found that one of the push pins wasn't all the way in; Thereafter that my computer is around 40 to 45 degrees and under load was approximately up to 70 degree. I also noticed my Fan is not spinning more than 830-840RPM.I have tried everything i know or think of in order to increase my CPU fan speed.
    So if anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it........

Re: CPU Fan Not Speeding UP

Speedfan is a great program for controling fan speeds.

it could be failing sign, you will only know if you try to check it personally or try it with the help of a good knowledge technician..
    This generally also happens due to a bad power supply.. Try to clean those fan components as well as it's blades out as well.

Download real temp as a software for measuring temperature. Also try to download orthos and start stressing it every time you raise the clocks.

Also try to find whether CPU fan got a label stuck over the spindle on top? If yes, then carefully peel off the label and apply some drop of oil to the centre spindle, which you'll see below the label.

If the bearing is starting to dry out then that will fix it, but you should really consider for another fan if this is not helping in your case.

i just wanted to know if you have attached the speed controller. If so then just remove it as early as you can..........

If not, then try to check whether the voltage control for the fan is set appropriately in the bios option as it also helps the fan to respond in a proper manner and if it is set to PWM it's speed will be definitely show you improper readings as the detected one's.