Thread: Intel MOBO overclocking

vv1099 Guest

Intel MOBO overclocking

I purchased the intel mobo 845GBV a couple of month's ago. I have been searching for ages on how to overclock this motherboard. Everyone tells me that it is impossible to overclock, but it has been done by someone using a hardware mod. Does anyone know how to overclock this motherboard?!?!:cold::cold::cold::cold::cold:

Re: Intel MOBO overclocking

you have an Intel board, so save for more advanced methods like pinmods, you won't be able to overclock. You should be able to overclock your GPU with Rivatuner, but honestly, it's not even worth it on a 6200.

If your income could support a whole new system if you inadvertently kill your current one, I (be an eternal tinkerer) would definitely try the more risky overclocking methods like pinmodding. It'll be educational, and in my mind, fun! Good luck, but the gains will be minimal, and might not be enough to perform the task you wish of it.

Re: Intel MOBO overclocking

Hi,

I will provide you some basic guidelines to overclock the Intel motherboard hope this help but I am not sure that this will helps to your above mentioned mobo.

Changing the settings in the BIOS are permanent and give you a much wider control to help stabilize your overclock.
    Basic BIOS Settings
    There are a few areas that we need to change a few options in that will allow us a higher stable overclock. You can do these in any order that you please.

In the Advance BIOS Feature:
    CPU Feature - press Enter

The first thing we need to do is disable the Core 2 Duo's advanced CPU features. On my board this area is found under "Advanced BIOS Features > CPU Feature". Once in this menu you will find 3 key items that should be DISABLED: Limit CPUID MaxVal, C1E Function, and EIST Function. The other two options in between are undecided whether or not they make a difference to the overclocking abilities of this CPU. By default these settings are enabled, I have disabled both of mine. Disregard the Thermal Management setting.

That's it for the basic settings. Changing these few options will greatly increase your maximum overclock potential.

like that RAM and all other peripherals overclocking should be done..