Thread: Is this possible ?

msnbot Guest

Is this possible ?

I have bought new laptop from toshiba with core 2 duo processor T75550 1.83 MHz. and 2 gb ram.

After one month, there was no display in my laptop so i went to service center. They replaced my motherboard. But after 1 month when i checked my pc property it showed me

intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2370 @1.73GHz 794 MHz.

I called service center exe and told them about the problem that it is showing Dual CPU T2370 @1.73GHz instead of core 2 duo T75550 processor.
    Then they called me to service center and repaired it again.

Now my PC is showing correct specification.

They told me that the problem was with Bios Version and mainboard jumer.
    Bios version has been updated and jumer rectified. It is possible that due to these setting my pc showed other specification of processor.

Re: Is this possible ?

I think they mistakely put another processor instead of the previous one that was installed. It was not a BIOS Fault or a software fault but a hardware fault or I am all wrong.. lol. In that case if I were at your place I would have sued that service center and made them pay for what they did.

msnbot Guest

Re: Is this possible ?

Quote Originally Posted by team leader View Post
    I think they mistakely put another processor instead of the previous one that was installed. It was not a BIOS Fault or a software fault but a hardware fault or I am all wrong.. lol. In that case if I were at your place I would have sued that service center and made them pay for what they did.
    Thanks,

I am not expert like you, i just want to confirm whether it is true or not.

Now, I am going to consumer court. But the problem is that should sue on Toshiba or that service center ?
    Last edited by msnbot; 01-12-2008 at 07:33 PM.