Thread: Problem of Internet Explorer and RAM usage

Problem of Internet Explorer and RAM usage

I am having a HP laptop with Windows Vista installed on it. I am having some problems from last few weeks with my Internet Explorer. Every now and then I am having error messages. This started happening since I installed SP1. I already tried some of the tricks like un-checking some of the effects of Vista and all that but that didn't worked at all. In the task manager I noticed that my physical memory was almost saturated; it showed that at rest (without any software running) I am using more than 700MB of RAM. I have 2 sticks of 512MB. Everything worked perfectly for a year. Also I noticed that all these problems disappear in Safe Mode and the memory usage at rest is less than 500MB so I think it's a program that runs at startup and uses this memory. I already checked to see if it was a virus but it is not! If you have any solutions, then please help me.

Vista uses a lot of RAM

Vista uses a lot of RAM. And, if you did not know, 2GB of RAM is recommended for Vista.

Myself, I have 2 GB and 49% are used with Internet Explorer, Windows media player, NOD32 and of course, VISTA! My maximum use was 80% while I use the software decompression made in Microsoft Vista!

Vista does not eat a lot of ram

Vista does not eat a lot of ram, that is a false idea that people do have about Vista. But you can say that when compared to XP. Actually what is happening is that Vista loads, at startup, lots of dll applications that are commonly used to run faster implementation when needed, that's all.