Thread: black screen issue with Sapphire Radeon R7 260x 2gb

black screen issue with Sapphire Radeon R7 260x 2gb

I recently purchased a new Sapphire R7 260X 2GB graphics card 1 month before. After a couple of days of running my computer with this video card I started getting black screen. So, i rebooted my pc and then everything was working fine but after 7 days or so I again got a black screen. So this time I rebooted my pc again but it still remained on the black screen. I tried many things like disconnecting and reconnecting dvi cable, installing new drivers but to no avail. Can anyone tell me how do I solve this issue? Thanks

Re: black screen issue with Sapphire Radeon R7 260x 2gb

How old is your setup? Try to reseat the RAM properly in your motheboard slot. You can even try to test the mobo with a single stick of RAM to rule out if there is any bad stick of memory. After that you can also check the monitor for video input selection, VGA, DVI or HDMI. You also need to make sure that the VGA, DVI or HDMI cable are working properly and not malfunctioning or else check with other video cable.

Most of the time the problem you are referring to is related to the RAM and you need to re-seat it with clean contacts. Sometimes, there are some problem with inadequate power supply. Some other times the graphics card driver has become corrupted or you might have installed a new driver update which is incompatible. There are sometimes that just reseating the video card works as well. Hope this helps you out.

There are many people with the same graphics card who are facing the same problem of black screen. Some of those user said that they were able to solve this issue by installing the older drivers from the Sapphire website and not from the AMD website. You can download these drivers from this link - http://www.sapphiretech.com/presenta...006&lid=1&os=6. Just remember that this is the Windows 7 64 bit SP1 edition driver and if you want for another then go to the same website and choose your operating system and download it accordingly.