Thread: Gray bar on Samsung Syncmaster B1930 monitor

Gray bar on Samsung Syncmaster B1930 monitor

There are huge gray bars on Samsung Syncmaster B1930. I am unable to find how it comes. I am using Windows XP here and it looks to be working well before. But recently when I turned on the system from sleep mode there was a thick gray bar in the center and it wont go at all. I had tried to reboot the system again and again but still it is not working. I hope there would be some way of fixing this thing.It is quiet annoying and the screen looks very ugly.

Re: Gray bar on Samsung Syncmaster B1930 monitor

Switch off the pc first and also disconnect the power connection. Now remove the vga cable and check it. If there are broken pins on it then the issue will remain constant. If you can arrange a new one then try finding that and test it. Replace the cable and try out. I am quiet sure it will be working well. Getting a new cable will be the proper solution according to me. Or you can also try changing the screen resolution once through Display Properties and try testing.

Re: Gray bar on Samsung Syncmaster B1930 monitor

There can be two reason behind the issue. First is the ram and the second one is the display driver. So start with updating the display drivers. That you can find on the official site of your motherboard manufacturer. Just download and instal the latest one in your system. And then reboot and check. If the issue occur again then try testing the ram issues with memtest. If there are any errors or bugs then you have to replace the ram and get a new one.