Thread: How to connect a blu ray player on TV with RCA port

How to connect a blu ray player on TV with RCA port

I want to connect a Sony blu ray player to my TV. And the Tv only has a RCA port on the backside. I had connected my set top box to the same. I want to play some hd movies on it. My friend has a quiet nice collection of the same. I want to know that is there a way through which we can connect this blu ray player. It is having only hdmi ports on the backside. If it is possible then I will preferably buy one for my home. What things will I need to setup this properly. I hope the resolution will be good here.

Re: How to connect a blu ray player on TV with RCA port

That can be done by buying a RCA to HDMI port. And you can find that on any local shop. Just get one and connect your TV to your blu ray player with the same. Here the HDMI part will be connected to the player and the RCA part will be to the TV. The output will be decent. You can get amazing HD resolution on HDMI to HDMI port only. You wont be getting a very high resolution on RCA to HDMI. There must be a direct connectivity. The output will mostly depend on the adapter.

Re: How to connect a blu ray player on TV with RCA port

The best thing you can do is get a small media layer type of device if you want more options. It will be a bit complicated setup but effective. There are portable media players which offer you a direct connection of HDMI devices. It preserve the HD video quality. If you are not having a very big TV then it is not worth buying. You can stick with simple RCA to HDMI cable adapter that will work very well. It is corrected that to get some really nice resolution you need a direct HDMI to HDMI connectivity.