Thread: GTX 970 SLI error "To use maximum 3D performance, connect the SLI-ready graphics card"

GTX 970 SLI error "To use maximum 3D performance, connect the SLI-ready graphics card"

I own 2 Nvidia GTX 970 graphics card and have connected both of them on my motherboard and they both are working properly. I have also connected the SLI bridge given with the card but when I am trying to boot into Windows and try to enable the SLI settings then it is giving me an error message that states "To use maximum 3D performance, connect the SLI-ready graphics card". This GTX 970 video card are from 2 different brands, so will that make any difference? Thanks

Re: GTX 970 SLI error "To use maximum 3D performance, connect the SLI-ready graphics card"

Do you own an old X58 motherboard model? If yes then there are some kind of problems with the new 970 video cards. You can however try to update the BIOS for your motherboard and check if that solves the issue. You might also need to tweak some memory option that you might need to tweak in your bios. Go into the BIOS menu and check under Frequency or Voltage Control or Memory feature and try to set the Memory Low Gap to its highest setting and then check if both cards will work when installed or not. After doing all this, remove your nvidia drivers and restart your pc and then again try to reinstall the latest graphics driver.

Re: GTX 970 SLI error "To use maximum 3D performance, connect the SLI-ready graphics card"

You can try to reinstall the drivers with one graphics card on the motherboard and then restart and put the second card inside again. This time do not just put the bridge in and then let it install automatically. After that set the CPU as the Physx processor, shutdown, add SLI bridge and then turn it on again. I used this type of method to get my GTX 700 series SLI working on my MSI motherboard, so try it yourself and see if it works for you.

I am thinking that the different brands of GTX 970 you are using might be the actual problem that you are facing. Also, both of these card will require good power components and voltages between them, like for example, from 1.175v to 1.267v. Also, you should not do installation of cards one at a time in SLI configuration, install both the cards in your system with the SLI bridge attached before installing the drivers.