Thread: text, menu names, buttons disappear re-appear on mouse hover

text, menu names, buttons disappear re-appear on mouse hover

When using word processors such as Microsoft Word 2013 or Word Perfect X5, text and menus disappear and reapper when hovering over them with my mouse. Some of the text inside the document will seem like it has disappeared. It's not actually gone, but if I highlight it, I can see that it is there. Sometimes it appears twice. The same goes for Excel and Wiris scientific calculator (see next paragraph).

See attached snapshots.

No problem navigating in Internet (except <http://www.wiris.net/melilla.es/wiris/es/index.html>), using Gmail server, viewing images, using Acrobat Reader or WordPad.

I have tried returning to previous graphics driver and afterwards updating it, without any success.

I am running Windows 7 32 bit with and Nvidia 9300GE 256MB graphics card.

Thank you in advance for your help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: text, menu names, buttons disappear re-appear on mouse hover

It might be a theme issue that is making text and menu disappear and re-appear when you are mouse hovering upon them. You can also go to Control Panel > System and Security > System and then click on Advanced System Settings. After that click on Performance settings and then tick mark custom and select the necessary options that you want.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

Thanks for your collaboration.

The problem has been solved. Starting Windows in safe mode, I had no problems. For this reason I have used the "msconfig" Windows utility to uncheck several programs in order they do not run when starting Windows. In this way I have seen that the problem was caused by a virus or malware called tunesNINJA. I have removed this virus deleting some files and also using "regedit". After some days, the problem has not appeared again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pere C. View Post
    Thanks for your collaboration.

The problem has been solved. Starting Windows in safe mode, I had no problems. For this reason I have used the "msconfig" Windows utility to uncheck several programs in order they do not run when starting Windows. In this way I have seen that the problem was caused by a virus or malware called tunesNINJA. I have removed this virus deleting some files and also using "regedit". After some days, the problem has not appeared again.
    Thats great to hear that you have solved the problem. One thing you can also do is scan with the CCleaner software to repair any registry keys if they are corrupt.