Thread: MSI GTX 770 not getting detected in computer while installing new drivers

MSI GTX 770 not getting detected in computer while installing new drivers

I was using MSI GTX 770 graphics card on my computer and saw a new driver for it on the Nvidia website. So, I downloaded it and tried to perform the installation but it failed to install. I again went to do the custom installation and choose clean install but after sometime it went to black screen forever. So, I restarted my pc and after that my computer stopped detecting the graphics card. My motherboard is not using the onboard graphics and this MSI card is not detected in device manager at all. Any ideas? Thanks

Re: MSI GTX 770 not getting detected in computer while installing new drivers

Have you gone through Control Panel and unintalled all the previous drivers you have in there? Once you have done that then restart your pc and install the latest graphics driver available on the Nvidia website. You will also need to ensure that your Windows is up to date. There is also an option while you are reloading the graphics driver, at the time of installation you will get an option for clean install in Cutom install option of the driver.

I believe that you even you have uninstalled all the graphics driver still there are some remains left on your pc. So, try to remove all those remains by downloading and installing a software called Revo Uninstaller. With the free Revo Uninstaller, you can uninstall the software completely and all its traces on your computer, either in the registry or on your hard drive. Revo Uninstaller will thus allow you to keep a clean system. This will also allow you to reinstall software from scratch on your computer, regardless of the residues that were not removed.

Even I was facing the same problem with my Geforce 600 series graphics card when it asked me to update to the newest driver. After restarting my laptop my system was not recognizing the graphics card. But later I solved it by downloading the latest driver manually from Nvidia website. After downloading I ran the setup and when it asked me to select the custom installation it allowed me to install the driver properly. This problem happens due to an error at the time of driver installation.