Thread: FPS drop with Sapphire Radeon HD 5770

FPS drop with Sapphire Radeon HD 5770

No matter whatever games I am playing, there is a huge problem in it. I can see that I am losing 10-20 fps at the time of specific loading areas in the game. But some other games are working fine without any issues. I am using a Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 along with a 550W power supply on Windows 7 32bit. I have all the latest drivers for mobo and graphics card already installed but still to no avail. Can anyone please help me out from this issue? Thanks

Re: FPS drop with Sapphire Radeon HD 5770

Can you describe which specific game that you are playing is giving you massive FPS drops? Also, please tell us in what graphics settings you play that games on? Have you checked the load temperature your graphics card reaches when your playing, is it too high? I would suggest you to play a high end game on your pc and then check what temperature you are getting. If it is overheating then surely you already know that you will need to cool it down by using a cooler inside your case and cleaning out all the dust.

What CPU are you using on your machine? If it is dual core or quad core then it might be bottlenecking the GPU to some extent. This term usually means that if one component in a system is slower to the others then it causes them to perform below what they are capable of. So, if you are playing games like Battlefield 4 or some other high end games then you will require an Intel Core I series processor for smooth functioning of the game.

The Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 graphics card that you are using is an entry level card. You will be able to play all high graphics games with that card but still you will not be able to max out in their settings. If your CPU is causing bottleneck issues then you should try to run monitoring software like MSI Afterburner with Rivatuner OSD software and then log your CPU and GPU usage while playing games. If the CPU is running at 100% and your GPU is only at 50% then it means that your CPU is bottlenecking your system and hence you are getting an FPS drop.