Thread: brightness problem after Windows 8.1 Update

brightness problem after Windows 8.1 Update

I have recently upgraded my laptop to the latest Windows 8.1 update and after that I am having problems with the brightness of the monitor. The screen is stuck on dim and I am not able to turn the brightness up. Even after pressing the keys on my keyboard to turn it up or down then the bard wil go up and down but the brightness will not change at all. I have also tried using the charm bar settings to adjust via control panel but still to no avail. What other troubleshooting method should I use to correct this problem? Thanks

Re: brightness problem after Windows 8.1 Update

Have you tried to update the display and video drivers of your laptop? Also check the area with the battery and power plan settings. If still nothing then try to change to Standard VGA Adapter driver and check if it works for you. This way you will come to know if it has something to do with the driver. You can find the driver by going to Device Manager and then choose to update the display adapter driver and then go to the Standard drivers.

Have you tried to adjust the Screen Brightness in Power Options. To do that click on the power system icon in the notification area on the taskbar and the click on the Adjust screen brightness link. After that check below for Power Options and then move the Screen Brightness slider right or left to adjust the screen brightness for which level you want to keep it. Once you have finished then you can close the Power Options if you want.

You can turn off Dim Display by going into Advanced Power Settings. Basically, this option is the best fix to turn off dim display or you can even set for how many inactive minutes to be used for dim display brightness. So, first of all try to open Advanced Power Settings for your power plan and then expand Display and Dim display. Now you need to set On battery or Plugged in to 0 minutes and then click ok. After that you can also try to turn on Adaptive brightness if you want.