Thread: What to do if my graphic card does not fit

What to do if my graphic card does not fit

I am having issue with fitting my graphic card in my pc. I had purchased a used Nvidia GTX 650Ti. I have a mid tower case. I am using a amd processor. I bought the card for getting more better gaming output. But when I am trying to insert it looks that my case is too small. I had tried making some adjustment but they are not helping me. I want to install the card safely. I will even leave the side case open so that the card can enough room. The issue with the optical drive and hard drive panel on the right.

Re: What to do if my graphic card does not fit

There is nothing you can do. If the card is not fitting in your cpu case then you have to buy a new case. Because if you try to push that purposely then your card can break and it will be a kind of permanent hardware failure. It is good if you can keep the card aside. The gpu that you had mentioned require a full tower case where it will fit well and work. Do not try to push it purposely or else there can be damage to the same. If possible you have to try removing the hard drive panel. But if this is fixed then buy a full tower case.

Well if you are having a small computer hardware base then you can use it in the open way. You can pull out the board and hook the card on that. But that is too risky because your entire system remains opens and there are chances that something will fell on it. I will recommend you to upgrade your case. It will be good for future use also. Try Antec GX700 Mid-Tower Cpu Case. This one is durable and strong and it has enough space to hook liquid cooler and big size graphic card.

You can try one more thing here. You can try using a used cpu case. There are website like OLX here. This site will provide you a best way to locate second hard cpu case. Through which you can simply use the existing hardware. You dont have to play much. All you have to do is find a used full tower cpu case on olx or any other regular website. And then just buy it. And configure the hardware in the same. I am quiet sure that will be enough.

I had seen Antec GX700. It is an amazing cpu case and it is really worth to go for. The case is ideal for both mid range and high end system. It is not actually a full tower cpu case. It is a mid one. It has a enough space to fit a full size gpu in it. And you can add dual also. The case is durable with good design. You have four usb ports on the front side. Among which two are usb 3.0. You can add multiple hard drive on the same also. Just test it.

In a regular case there are two slots on the right. One is to hold the optical drive on top. And once is to hold the hard drive below that. The optical drive slot can allow you to hold around 2 to 3 optical drives and below that you can do the same. You can add upto 2 to 3 hard drives. In few cases you have a option to remove them. You can try breaking it and pull the same out. The hard drive can be fixed on the optical drive section. And through a bit modification you can insert the card.