Thread: Tool to scan graphic card problem on Windows 8

Tool to scan graphic card problem on Windows 8

Is there a tool that can scan and test my graphic card. I think it is not working well. I had installed a few new games recently on the same which failed to start. In some I am just getting a black screen.I have a old graphic card that belongs to Nvidia 600 series. It was working well. I play a lot of game on the same. But from last few week I think this card is not giving out its optimum output. It is poor and is not giving out me maximum graphic output. I am looking for some software that can scan and give me what is wrong with the card.

Re: Tool to scan graphic card problem on Windows 8

There is nothing like that. There are tools that can test your entire system performance. Like a gpu benchmarking software. But you cannot find any software that can simply scan your gpu and give you where it is felling short. For that you have to find the issue on your own self. It happens a number of time we do not update fresh drivers on the system. And that cause the problem. You have to update that once. Just remove the old one and install new drivers and check back. I am quiet sure it will work.

You can find a tool that scan and give you details about the problem with gpu but you can run a gpu test software and find where is the problem. That is the way that can help you to deal with the issue. Now it happens a number of time you wont get the kind of output you are looking for even if you are having the best kind of hardware. There are other issue also. Issues like poor power supply or a board that can handle enough pressure to produce maximum graphic.

Try GpuTest that will help you to find the actual output of your gpu. Now this tool is used to find what is the maximum output of your graphic card on the existing system. This is used by hardware testers to simply find out what a gpu can do max. Gpu Test is a simple free tool that you can find on the web and use the same. And it is going to work well. At the end you are going to get a report that is more than enough to find out the performance issues.

I hope a few troubleshooting things like updating the drivers, checking for updated chipset firmware can help you to deal with the issue. Gpu test is a basic software that cannot help you much in dealing with the issue. You must try doing something that can provide accurate results. First start with updating the drivers which is going to help you a lot in dealing with the issue. You can locate the same on the official site of your gpu manufacturer.

Whatever tool that I had used in my system are only for checking and managing the stability. They do not give you where the gpu is felling short. And it is very hard to answer if you are not having any appropriate details about your full hardware configuration. It will be complicated to give you the answers. Just post that first and show us what hardware you are using with what operating system. I am quiet sure that will be a lot more helpful here.