Thread: Standard VGA graphics adapter error with R9 270x

Standard VGA graphics adapter error with R9 270x

When ever I am playing any games on my pc then I am getting this issue every now and then. I dont know why my graphics card is not getting detected in my pc. I have also noticed that when I am playing any games then more than 4gb RAM is being used. When I am inserting the CD driver in my computer then it tells me that the graphics card is not installed on my computer even though the R9 270X is plugged in? What is the cause of this problem? Any ideas

Re: Standard VGA graphics adapter error with R9 270x

What is your full computer specifications? It might be possible that your mobo might be using the built in onboard graphics in your system instead of the R9 270X graphics card. Can you try to run GPU-Z software, which you can download and install by searching on the internet, and post an image here. I would also suggest you to run the AMD Auto detect utility by following this link - http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool. Incase you are using AMD card then it will download the latest driver for you.

Well, can you try to remove and then reinsert your Radeon R9 270x graphics card again in your system. It might be possible that when you are playing games then the computer is not detecting the video card but using the onboard graphics of your motherboard which might be increasing the RAM usage rising in your system. You will need to ensure that you connect the monitor into the card and not into the motherboard and also ensure that the 6 pin connector is properly connected into the video card.

It definitely seems like your system is using the onboard graphics instead of the graphics card installed in your pc when you are playing games. What you can do is try to remove the R9 270X completelyfrom your pc and then reinsert it again on the PCIe slot and then connect your monitor into the card. After that go into BIOS and change the video output settings to PCIe and not IGPU or something similar. If still this doesnt work then there might be some problem with the graphics card or else the Power Supply that you are using is not powerful enough to make the card to work.