Thread: Fixing vertical lines on MAC LCD

Fixing vertical lines on MAC LCD

My friend has bought a used mac pc. It is working well. We had installed a lots of application on the same and few games also. The system worked well for around 2 months. Now I can see vertical lines on the monitor. This are exactly in the center. It is very hard to use the system in that way. We cannot even read things behind those lines. This appear instantly. Before it worked quiet well. I tried to restart the mac a number of time but those lines are constant. I hope this is not a major issue.

Re: Fixing vertical lines on MAC LCD

It is not a big problem. The most common reason behind the line is mac update. If you had updated your system recently then slide grey white lines might appear in between and it is fixable. For that you have to start with resetting the NVRAM. For that turn off your mac first and then hold command + P and R. Then start your pc and download the updates back again. This will resolve the issue. It is essential that you must run all fresh updates and check back. This will resolve the problem.

Re: Fixing vertical lines on MAC LCD

There is one way to test if the this is not a hardware issue. If the lcd is having some kind of hardware fault then you cannot do anything. We can simply check back. All you have to do is locate a secondary monitor and connect it to your mac pc. If the lines are gone then it means your lcd is having issue. You have to carry the same to apple care center. This can be a hardware failure and you have to pay a good amount to get it fixed. You can still use a secondary monitor on the same.