Thread: should I go with GTX 780 TI or else GTX 780 SLI

should I go with GTX 780 TI or else GTX 780 SLI

I am a casual gamer and play games like Stalker, Bioshock and other type of similar game on my pc. I dont normally play games like Battlefield 4 or similar. So, I was thinking which graphics card would be better suited for me? Should I consider going with GTX 780 TI and overclock it or should I just buy GTX 780 in SLI? I also dont plan to use a water cooler so a cooler that comes with the video card will be enough for me. Thanks

Re: should I go with GTX 780 TI or else GTX 780 SLI

Can you tell us which motherboard you are using and how is the spacing between the graphics card in your case? How much temperatures are you getting when you are performing any overclock? In any case, the GTX 780 SLI would be the best because it will give you 60%-70% faster performance than the GTX 780 TI in the games. Even if there are any games that dont use SLI then you can overclock to a decent rate to surpass the GTX 780 TI very easily. So, go with the GTX 780 SLI without a doubt.

Well, I would recommend you to go with a single graphics card. It will definitely perform better and will save a lot of money as well. Most of the games right now are not programmed to use the SLI technology and thus you end up disabling SLI or even removing one card from your motherboard which is time wasting. Beside you will notice that you will save a lot of money, heat, electricity and a lot of thing. So, just try to use single GPU and it will always be a good choice for you.

Even I prefer to go with the single card solutions. It will create less heat and noise. It will also consume less wattage or otherwise you will have to go with atleast a 750w power supply. The GTX 780 card is a beast compared to any other video card and usually top end card itself is very powerful enough to run any games on high settings. You will notice too many bugs in SLI and most of the games do not even use the second card anyway. 2 cards in SLI is simply a waste of money because of the poor SLI support.