Thread: cant past welcome screen after installing GTX 750 TI

cant past welcome screen after installing GTX 750 TI

I have recently purchased a new graphics card called Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 TI and have installed it in my computer. But after turning on the computer I am not able to get past the HP welcome screen on my system and thus cannot get through Windows. When I reinstalled my old video card then Windows came up just fine but after opening any programs it seems very slow and sometime it freezes as well? Can anyone please help me from this problem? Thank you

Re: cant past welcome screen after installing GTX 750 TI

Well, can you try to connect the monitor on the onboard video port and then boot into the BIOS of your PC and then change the primary adapter from Onboard Video to PCI-E. After that try to switch the monitor back to the Nvidia Geforce 750 TI graphics card and then see if it works or not. I bet that your system might be currently set to boot from the onboard video and therefore you need to change the primary adapater from onboard to PCIE by going into your BIOS menu.

First of all restart your PC and immediately start tapping either DEL or F2 key on your keyboard to enter the BIOS. Now go to Advanc Menu > Bus Options > PCI VGA Pallete Snooping. Now this PCI VGA Palette Snooping sets the VGA palette snooping bit in the PCI configuration space. It is normally needed when more than one graphics controller is installed. Just try to enable that and check if the Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 TI is working or not. If not then please report back to us.

I have faced similar issues but was able to solve it. You first need to enter BIOS using either your previous graphics card or the onboard graphics on your motherboard. After that change the display setting to PCI. Now change the PCI setting to legacy only. After that you need to disable your onboard graphics card. Once this all things are done then save and exit the BIOS. Dont switch off the power supply yet but simply shutdown your computer and disconnect the back cable. Now reconnect your new graphics card and then plug it in the monitor and check if it is working fine.