Thread: No picture on Dell UP3214Q monitor

No picture on Dell UP3214Q monitor

I have been using Dell UP3214Q for quite some time. Recently I have started getting issues with this monitor. When I turn on my computer which is connected to this monitor then I get the full picture but when I turn off the monitor for couple of hours and turn it back on then I dont get any picture at all. Nothing happens if I click from my mouse or press Enter on my keyboard or anything else. The only way to get the picture back is to shuw down my computer totally? Does anyone know how to solve this issue? Thanks

Re: No picture on Dell UP3214Q monitor

Many users have found out that this problem happens with only DP 1.2. When you will switch to DP 1.1 mode then the monitor will work fine and wont behave like that. This problem also happens with some video cards and you will only get blank screen or 2 similar images on the display. So, you should see to it that your graphics card and its driver should support DP 1.2 support, otherwise it will give same problem. Just try to get the correct software and everything will work fine.

I am using Windows 8 on my computer and was facing trouble at logon screen where it was displaying 2 half screens. When I used to click on the logon screen to get to the password box, then the screen simply used to blink and the wrong half of the screen used to go full screen and the dialogue box to password also used to disappear. But once I installed the monitor driver from the DVD that came along with it, the issue got solved immediately. So, you can also try to do the same and see if that helps.

Even I am facing the same problem and am also getting blue screens when I am doing any soft on/off and resuming from the monitor standby. To get rid of the issue I have just disabled the monitor standby, which is not a long term solution for sure, because my computer is always on most of the time. I am simply trying to find out a solution for fullscreen mode for gaming. I know that if I use this mode then I bet that the monitor will not come back and in the end I will have to hard restart.