Thread: no video with Radeon R7 260X

no video with Radeon R7 260X

I recently purchased a new Radeon R7 260X graphics card and also a new power supply. After installing the PSU and checking everything working well, I installed the graphics card only to find the monitor going into black screen and staying off. I have plugged in my video card through the HDMI cord and have checked that the GPU is running fine with the fans spinning properly. Is there any sort of issue with my GPU? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: no video with Radeon R7 260X

What is the motherboard that you are using? If you have a motherboard with an onboard video then it could be possible that it is using the onboard graphics instead of the GPU that you have installed. You will have to plug the HDMI into your motherboard and then you will be able to get a signal from your graphics card. After that you need to change the default video adapter to use your video card as the default one instead of the onboard graphics. Once you have saved the settings then connect hdmi into your card and now you will get a video signal.

Have you ensured that you have connected the external power to your Radeon R7 260X card? There should be a 4pin or 6 pin connector of the Power Supply that you need to plug into the GPU. Did you also check after connecting your display to your mobo whether in device manager the graphics card is detected by your computer or not? What is the make and model of your power supply that you are using, I believe that it should be atleast 450W minimum or such to support the card.

If still you are not getting the video display on your monitor after hooking up the graphics card then it might be a problem with the monitor or the card itself. Did you try to connect your graphics card on another computer and checked if it worked properly? Can you try to get another power supply and then test your video card with it. Also, try to update the BIOS of your motherboard and see if that solves the issue. If nothing works then RMA the card and get a new one.