Thread: No games working on Nvidia Geforce GT 230

No games working on Nvidia Geforce GT 230

There is a bit problem. I am trying to install a few game on a system that has Nvidia Geforce GT 230 gpu. After the installation when I launch the game it starts and there are few screen but later it just exist on its own. There is no message on the screen about crashing. I am quiet sure the issue is due to the graphic card. I want to know that does this gpu can play games like Saint Rows, Prototype, etc.

Re: No games working on Nvidia Geforce GT 230

I don't think you can play latest games on this gpu. It is a bit old graphic card and this mostly comes in laptops. You have to update your driver and check once. If this does not help then you have to install a bit more older games. Most of the game are configured to start on highest settings when you launch them. You have to reduce it the lowest possible resolution and also disable all the settings. Then check back.

Re: No games working on Nvidia Geforce GT 230

Try a bit older games and see whether they are working or not. The gpu is really outdated. I am doubtful whether you are play the mention games. I am having a old pc with the same gpu where I do not really install much games. Because they crashes instantly. If you are having a desktop then you can try upgrading to a newer gpu which is cheaper and can let you play all the games. Try to run a fresh driver update and check back.