Thread: Unable to setup dual monitors on XFX HD 7970

Unable to setup dual monitors on XFX HD 7970

I am not able to get a dual screen display on XFX HD 7970. It is a Radeon HD 7970 based card. It is a quiet high end one. I am having two monitors. One is Samsung which is 18inch monitor and another one is BenQ which is 27inch card. I want to use both the screen as one to play games.But when I connect the big one is having no display. It is saying not signal detected. What should I do.

Re: Unable to setup dual monitors on XFX HD 7970

As per my experience to get dual screen output you need the same size monitor. You cannot get a proper screen resolution if both are different. You will face problem. You can try checking the connections first. See that it is properly connected or not. The second thing you can do is try to change the cables also. This also sometime create problem. Get a new cable and check back.

It is right a number of time the issue is with the cable. Most of the time when you connect the monitor on the display port of card it works. You can see the output quiet easily. There is no need to do any advance settings. But if that is not working even after changing the cable then I think the issue is with the graphic card. You have take to the service center. The ports are not working or the gpu is unable to detect a display.

When I was trying to configure dual monitor most of the time I was getting blank screen. I was not aware how to simply fix this thing. The second monitor was always blank. This was because the monitor resolution was limited. When go in that and Windows detect two monitors it is easy to use them. But if they are not detected then the other will remain blank always. This can be cable or connectivity problem.

Can be video driver issue also. You have to find the right driver updates. And then try back. Another thing you can do is connect the monitor on the port where your existing monitor is connected and see there is a output or not. If it does not work then definitely the monitor is not proper. You have to see all connection on the backside and try back. This will work once the cable and connection is all proper.

There can be many reason behind that. I am going to provide you a link below which has detailed steps on fixing the issue. Just click on the link below and you can see few handful tips that will guide you to simply find a proper solution. There are different things you can try. And that also in detail. It is necessary that your system must detect the monitor atleast and then you can try doing other changes.
    Troubleshoot multiple monitor problems

If you are done with checking the cables and all other stuff then there are way so fix the issue. You have to hit Windows Key + P from the keyboard and you will see a menu. There are 4 options in it. They are computer only, Duplicate, Extend and Projector Only. From there choose Extend if you need big resolution and if you want dual screen then just hit Duplicate button and done. You will get the output.

You can try using some third party dual monitor tools which will give you effective solution. One of them is DisplayFusion. Just add this application and test back. I am using this to manage my dual monitor which is quiet simple to use and it works effectively. You can try using hdmi here to get the dual screen output. Many gpu have dvi where people use vga to dvi adapter and it does not give much better output.