Thread: How to deal with green pixel on the screen

How to deal with green pixel on the screen

There are some green pixel on the screen. The system that I am using has a GTX 660 2GB graphic card. It has a Intel Core i3 cpu with 4GB ram. I had played many games on this. Suddenly I can notice green pixel on it. It is not working. I had tried to restart my pc but after a few hours of playing the game pixel appear back again. I hope there will be some fix for that. Is this a cable problem. Will changing that can help.

Re: How to deal with green pixel on the screen

This is a dead pixel problem. It means your gpu is heating a lot. You have to switch off your pc in between while playing games. It looks you are simply playing for hours due to which you are getting this green pixel problem. Just install a gpu temp monitor software in your pc. And see that it is constantly showing you the temperature. If it is higher than 60degree then it is heating up. You can carry it to the service center.

It can be also associated with the monitor. When you are playing game and when you see this dead pixel just switch off the monitor and turn it on back. This will be resolved. It looks the monitor is quiet old. If it is under warranty then you can take it to the service center and if not then you have to use it till there are more dead pixel and final it is at the stage to be thrown. Dead pixels are common with old monitor.

Green pixel is like a dead pixel but not completely dead. This can be fixed by rubbing the section where there is green pixel. Just use a soft surface and rub. It can be fixed. You can get some relative videos on the web that will put more highlight on the same. You can try out that and if this does not work then better show it to a technician. If the monitor is under warranty it can be fixed for free.

In my case I was having a 24inch monitor which was having a tiny black dots on the screen. First there was few but later it kept on increasing. And finally a part on the top right is gone. It was due to the hardware fault. I tried many things but nothing work. This is a hardware problem you cannot resolve that through anything. Better show it to a repair center.

You are lucky that you have green pixel. My monitor is just a year old and it developing too many dead pixels on it. There are tiny dots which keeps on increasing and I am unable to find out solution for that. I had contacted the seller who says that warranty is over and he cannot do anything in that. Green pixel can be fixed by rubbing it. It works most of the time. But black dots remain constant.

The best thing you must do is take back the monitor to the service center. Do not attempt to fix this on your own. Because there are chances that this will increase if you try to rub it. You have to use a bit hard surface for that. It will be again a problem. You can also take it to any regular repair shop if your monitor is out of warranty. Most of this things are repairable. Green pixels are not a big problem.

There are few cleaning solutions available on the web that can help you in fixing the issue. You can buy a good one. The one which I am using Antec Advance Cleaning solution. This quiet effective and gives you a nice solution. Just get a nice soft cloth, spray the solution and then rub the screen part where you see those green pixel. Try to rub a bit hard if it is not going. Do not press really hard it can create issue.

Most of the time rubbing will work. You can get rid of that which is not a major issue. But if it expand then battery take it to the service center. Because it won't work. It will be a bit complicated to get rid of them by cleaning. For the time being you can ignore that. There are certain damages in the pixel as the monitor keeps on getting old. Using a good cleaning solution will really help.