Thread: games flickering with GTX 780

games flickering with GTX 780

I am using a GTX 780 video card and recently I started facing some issues. When I am playing any random games like Battlefield 3 then the textures in this game seems to be flickering. I have already reinstalled the latest graphics driver, tested RAM with memtest without any issues, reseated the GPU and put it in another Pcie slot. Now I dont know what else to test except that the GPU seems to be at fault. If anyone is experiencing the same issue then please help me out. Thank you

Re: games flickering with GTX 780

What all games that you are playing and getting the flickering problem? If not moer than 2-3 games then I can assure you that there might be bad programming in the game that is not resolved till yet. The only things that I can suggest you now is to change the video settings around and see if the game works normally. Other than that you need to apply some latest game patches released by the game developers and see if that fixes the gaming issue.

Well, can you go into the BIOS menu and ensure that the RAM timings and volts are set manually which should match with the spec list. Also make sure that the video card is not overheating while you are playing games. This could be another reason why you are getting the flickering problem while gaming, the card must be getting overheated and hence you dont get a good gameplay. Can you record the temperature of your GPU while you are playing games.

Well, I think that there might be a driver issue, so first try to do a clean install by downloading the latest driver from Nvidia website and not through Nvidia Experience program. You can do a clean install of the nvidia driver by a software called Driver Sweeper, it will remove all the remains after you have uninstalled the driver. After this only, try to reinstall the driver freshly again and then see if the problem persists or not. If to no avail then RMA the card if it is under warranty.