Thread: BenQ 27inch gaming monitor fading out automatically

BenQ 27inch gaming monitor fading out automatically

What to do if a monitor fades out. I am having this issue on a 27inch gaming monitor. It just fade out on its own. It happens while watching movies. Sometime while playing games also. It is like the system goes in sleep mode automatically. I have to restart the pc to get the screen. This thing has happened a few times only. It is a bit complicated to get rid of this problem. I had checked the cables also but still the issue is same. Can anyone help.

Re: BenQ 27inch gaming monitor fading out automatically

Check your system power settings. I think they are not proper due to which your monitor fade out. You can find that in Control Panel. Just search for Power Options in it and see. You can simply disable everything. That will fix the problem. Or you can simply reset the things to default this will be more helpful. If that does not work then update the video drivers. That will help you more in fixing the problem.

Many says that this is a power issue. But I do think. I had seen the power saving settings. They look normal. I am using this system from 6 months and this is the first time I got this problem. Now it is getting frequent. I think between 2 hrs the system just goes dark. And once it is in sleep mode it does not turn on. I have to restart the pc. I hope there is no serious hardware issue in the system. Does formatting windows will help.

There is one way to find whether the problem is with the hardware or with the OS. Restart your pc and hit del key constantly. The system will enter bios. Leave the pc just like that. See after 2/3 hrs whether the pc is working or it is turned off. If it is working then there is a software problem. You can format your windows. But if the system if still turn off then it means there is a hardware issue in the pc.

Check the monitor menu. Every monitor has a OSD menu where you can manually adjust the settings. You can control the brightness and contrast. There are some power settings also available. You can click on that and disable them. Some monitors comes with advance power management. They turn off automatically after a specific period of time. You have to simply disable those things or you can reset the monitor settings which will also help.

Just for testing purpose connect the monitor to some other working pc. And see whether it fades or not. If not then you are having problem with your display adapter. If you are using a gpu then it means that your system is heating up. You can add a gpu temp monitor. See that the temperature is not much high. If it is above 60 then you gpu is getting hot and fading out. Check the cpu temperature also. You have to replace the fan if process or is heating.

I had gone through this issue long back when my Core 2 Duo pc was heating a lot. That is because of old fan. At the time of using the system the cpu just turn off instantly on its own within a hour. I first thought it was the psu problem. But it was working fine. Later on I checked the temperature in the bios where I found the processor is heating a lot and giving this error. The problem was resolved after adding a new cpu fan.

Monitor fading can be due to damage cable or poor connection. You can verify that also once. That will be also more helpful in fixing the issue. Just change the cable and then see. Through bios you can easily find out the existing system temperature. Sometime faulty connection cause the issue. You can open your system case and clean up all dust. And then test back. Touch your gpu and see that it is heated or not.