Thread: Playing 3D games on a TV through pc via hdmi cable

Playing 3D games on a TV through pc via hdmi cable

I am having a question about 3D games. I want to play this on my tv that has a 3D support. So it is possible to get good 3D effects on the TV when it is connected to a PC through HDMI cable. I am not sure about this. HDMI are mostly for high definition. Does they support 3D also. If not then is there any other way of doing this thing. My friend has some 3D games and I want to see its effects.

Re: Playing 3D games on a TV through pc via hdmi cable

I do not think so. HDMI would give you amazing resolution, but you cannot play 3D games. You need a different setup for that. In console this is possible. Because it has integrated feature of rendering 3D videos. You can see all the effects nicely on your TV or any other monitor. If you can provide the mode of your TV then it will be more helpful in locating the exact answer.

Re: Playing 3D games on a TV through pc via hdmi cable

There are different type of hdmi cable in the market. You can find hdmi cable with 3D supports separately. You have to buy that and then it works. For that Nvidia you will need a 3D vision ready display, glasses, etc. Then only it will work. You can try by playing game through hdmi first. I am quiet doubtful whether it will work or not. 3D needs a good hardware compatibility.